Friday, May 21, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes








Finally, my red velvet cupcakes came out the way I wanted after two trials!!! The first one was soooo bad that I was so afraid to attempt another round. Luckily, the second time around, I learned to use different ingredients and it went well (used sour cream & milk instead of buttermilk). The homemade frosting was the best!! I'm not much of a frosting person but it was sure fantastic or the saying goes..."finger licking good"...hahahah! Added an extra touch by topping the cupcakes off with raspberries or blueberries. Here's the recipe for the frosting if anyone is interested in making their own cream cheese frosting. Very easy and bulletproof for any wrong doing.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 pkg of Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp of Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- one box of confectioner's sugar
Cream together the Cream Cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla extract til smooth and fluffy. Then slowly add the confectioner's sugar and mix until it is blended smoothly together.
See, wasn't that easy to make!!!!! Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. So.. when are you opening the CHI-BAKERY?!
    I know you said I like everything you make haha, but I did like your red velvet cupcakes!! they are not too sweet..the texture is just right. I luv them! =) maybe I'll try to make them myself.
    Thanks for bringing some today =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm going to come up with a rating system. I'm going to rate your baked goods on a scale of 1 to 10 for three different things. TASTE, APPEARANCE AND TEXTURE. For the cupcakes I have to give them an 8 for TASTE. I found the actual cake to be just a little dry. If they were a little more moist, they'd be perfect! The frosting was delicious though! For APPEARANCE, they get a 10. They look like something you'd buy at a fancy bakery! The frosting was spread almost perfectly on each one. The marshmallow flower was gorgeuos! For TEXTURE, I'd give them a 9. Like I said before, if they were just a little more moist, the consistency would be perfect (i.e. a little softer)! Thanks for sharing your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete