Monday, June 28, 2010

SPRINKLES Strawberry Cupcake with Strawberry Frosting



Ok...so here's a cupcake recipe from SPRINKLES bakery. Yes, the owner's own recipe that she shared with the world.....Strawberry Cupcake with Strawberry Frosting. The famous (and overrated) cupcake bakery that supposedly so good has finally shared their inside secrets in making "oh...so good" cupcakes! Alrighty, so how did they turn out??? Well, in my opinion, they were blah...nothing so grand about it! The frostings were better than the cupcakes! It was just like an average cupcake if you ask me and it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get one! I hope other selections of cupcakes SPRINKLES offer is better than this one.

I never really tried a SPRINKLES cupcake before but I heard grand things about it. How it's so good, so dense, blah blah blah. So when I heard that SPRINKLES owner was giving out their recipe, I was super excited to make it to see what they hype was about! To my dissapointment, nothing spectular that I can think of. Maybe I don't have a sweet tooth for this kind of things where I can't tell what's great or not. But my taste buds don't lie....maybe this is why this recipe was shared since it was just an OK cupcake. You figure, would a renowned bakery share it's secret in making great cupcakes like their Red Velvet and Chocolate?? I think not!

So let's see, making these cupcakes was fun tho cuz I got to learn new baking techniques. I know now that by cooking down the fruits (i.e., strawberries, blueberrie, etc), it can add much sweetness to the flavor when you pureed it and use it in your batter. The cupcakes turned out moist and had a good taste to it. Not too sweet or to bland. But it was not as dense that I thought it would be since I heard SPRINKLES makes their cupcakes dense. The frosting was really good...my son loved it so much that when he had a lick of it...he said "mmmm....yummy!!!" and wanted more. The only strange thing is that after frosting the cupcakes and putting them in the fridge in a sealed container overnight, the next day when a friend bite into it (after 30 minutes out of the fridge), she said the cupcakes were a little dry???? My husband ate it last night and it was not dried at all before it went into the fridge. When a co-worker ate it after an 1 or so, it was fine with her too. Maybe the cupcakes needed to thaw before eating one???? Oh well, either way, the frostings was the bomb!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay! so, I had four of your strawberry cupcakes to make sure they were good hahaha...The first time I wasn't too convinced..but after the second, third and fourth cupcake.. I have to say that they are freaken Great! I luv the frosting =) and the cupcake was soft. The whole cupcake was yummy! Perfect!
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete