Monday, June 14, 2010

Whole Wheat Cranberries Cookies



These cookies were made because a co-worker of mine was asking if the next time I make the whole wheat CCC, if I could just make some with nothing. She thinks that it might taste really good without the CC. So it got me interested over the weekend and so I ventured out to make another batch of the whole wheat CCC and set aside some without the chocolate chips. But then I was thinking since I'm testing this new variation out why not do other ones too! That's when I came up with these cranberries one since they were in my pantry. Then I started to test out another flavor....chocolate chips with toffee bits (also in my pantry). To my surprise, the cc with toffee bits were really good and the same goes for the cranberries one. Sorry guys but no picture of the cc and toffee bits ones. The cranberries ones were good because it had some tartness from the cranberries that made it fun to bite into. As for the cc with toffee bits, they were absolutely great because you got the extra crunch from the toffee bits whenver you bite into one. Now I got another request to add some pecan to the cc and toffee bits ones. Maybe I will the next time I make it again....which most likely will be very soon. Seem like many people liked the cookies...
Here's the recipe if you are interested in making some:
  • follow the Whole Wheat cookies recipe that I posted
  • when call for chocolate chips in the mixture, omit the chocolate chips (to make simple whole wheat cookies), replace it with cranberries (to make the cranberries cookies) or add in toffee bits (to make the cc with toffee bits cookies)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cookie Fans of America, (or at least Torrance!)
    I am the co-worker who requested "just the cookie" and they are simple delicious. Nice and chewy, with just a hint of butter. The cookie is so great because it's made with the whole wheat flour!!! I love it!!! I am a fan of nuts in my cookies, I can do without the chocolate chips...too sweet. So I am patiently waiting for the pecan and toffee!!! If you are a cookie lover, than you should definately get your order in, because before to long, she'll have that dream bakery of her's and she probably wont have time for our special little orders!! God Bless you Jenni... Thanks for fiber!!!

    ReplyDelete