Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We all scream for Ice Cream!!!!!

Finally, the oreo cookies n' cream ice cream cone cakes!!
(Thanks CL for taking the picture)




My co-worker really gulped the whole thing down!!!



Ice Cream Cake Cones.........came up with this idea after seeing Martha Stewart's cupcake book where she used a sugar cone instead of a regular cone. So since I got a request to bring some sweets to Renzo's b-day party (my friend's kid), I thought this would be a great idea for the kids. Basically, I used two cupcakes (a regular size one and a mini one) and stacked them up on top of the cone then frosted. However, since it ended up being heavier on the top, I added some treats (i.e., M&M) inside the cone to balance it out. The end result of this made the cupcake look enormous!!!! Kinda intimidating if you ask me.....so I did another experiment....however I forgot to take a picture of it!!!! The second time around, I baked the cake into the cone....came out pretty good with frosting on top of it. It was definitely less intimidating for sure...but again, i forgot to take a picture of it!!! So hate myself for that...=(!!! It was an Oreo cookie cake with an Oreo cookie frosting. However, with the hot weather we had this past weekend (5/30/10), my frosting melted faster than one can eat them!!!! End result was that I think it's better to bake the cake inside the cone then stacking them on top of the cone. Also, maybe next time I will use sugar cones instead of regular ones........the regular cones didn't turn out that bad after it was baked, but I figure with a sugar cone, it might give it a crunch to it......maybe that's why Martha used sugar cones too!!!



2 comments:

  1. Okay I was robbed! I was there the day you brought in these beautiful works of baking art but I didn't have one. Someone in the office had already brought in bagels (before you got there) and I unfortunately ended up having one. Little did I know! Okay, you guys need to coordinate here and let me know beforehand when we're going to be receiving some of these shipments of wholesome deliciousness!? Although I did have one of the little mini-cupcakes you brought in along side these bad boys. Those were good! Anyway, for APPEARANCE I have to give your Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes an 11 out of 10. They looked great! Very, very impressive. But that's all I can rate them on. Sucks to be me... :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate one I.C.C.C. Aka Ice Cream Cake Cone lol As you can see in the pic I was half way through =) It was yummy! The cake was so soft and the frosting well very sweet, but good. They looked awesome! you did a great job.. so artistic! It was cool to find M&M's at the bottom of the cone lol..
    But dude I regret eating it cuz it was too much sugar for me.I was hyper the whole morning and I couldn't eat lunch. I am glad you did them smaller for the b-day party. That was way too much sugar! But it was very good. Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete