Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cake pops.....



I was surfing the net on day and came upon this cake pop idea from "Bakerella".  Her site is so awesome and her cake pops are out of this world.  So...as you can see another new thing to learn.......adding more to my already existing list of things to expand on. 

Ok, so let's get started......since I had some carrot cake in the fridge that I was going to use that for my cake decorating class but didn't. I decided to use it for this experiment...but first I had to make some cream cheese frosting.  After that was done, I crumbled the carrot cake and added in some cream cheese frosting.  I thought I added enough cream cheese frosting so I started rolling them into balls...but as I later found out, I either lacked the cream cheese frosting or cake cuz the stick didn't adhere to the cake balls that well. I was only able to get a few good ones to make it a cake pop.  But that was not the bad part yet......the melting of the chocolate disaster came next.  I used Wilton candy melts thinking it will be easy breezy....boy, was I wrong.  I don't know what I did wrong....I followed the directions on the back of the bag melting it in the microwave...but the end result was terrible. The chocolate consistency was not thin....liquid-like texture where coating the pops will be easy.  Instead, it was thick...and I didn't know how to thin it.....so now that's something I still need to work on.  Maybe next time I will do the double boiler method and see if that would make a difference. 

Anyways, at the end I was able to savage a few good ones and I added some sprinkles on it to make it look more like a lollipop.  The combo of carrot cake wrapped in vanilla chocolate came out pretty good...especially when you bite into it.  At first, it is hard due to the texture of the chocolate and then a crunch and then something moist inside!!! YUMMY!!!  Will definitely make this again to master the chocolate part....hopefully it will turn out better than this!!! Enjoy for those of  you that are eating this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment