Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Coconut Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting

                                                             Someone couldn't wait to get their hands on it.....



I made this cake for my cake decorating class that I just started last week.  I figure since I'm going to try doing cakes now, why not learn some more techniques of decorating that would help me out more.  Ironicly, the design on top of the cake was a cupcake, which I thought was pretty funny since that's how I started this whole venture! ....hahahahah.  I wanted to take a picture of the whole cake but as one as can see, someone beat me to the cake before I got a chance to take the picture...(hint: hubby).  So the cake was a coconut cake that was made with coconut milk and then filled with coconut cream cheese frosting that I tinted with yellow food coloring to make it look tropical.  The cake was delicious and moist with a hint of coconut....kinda have a texture of a pound cake too.  As for the frosting outside the cake, I cheated since I freakin' forgot my buttercream frosting that I had all nicely made and packaged for class but left it at home!!! So, I had to use store bought icing and did the decorations and frosting.  The class was pretty fun and informative eventho some of the stuff I already knew prior to taking the class.  But regardless, I really enjoyed making this cake and I brought some to work to share.  So far....good reviews on the cake...so another "pat on the back" for me.......=).


4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Where are you taking your class at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm taking the care at Joann's....the Wilton decorating class. It's two hours long (6-8pm) every Tuesday for 4 weeks....only two more weeks to go...so fast! you should def try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake is my favorite. You better do it for my b-day Chi! I love coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! simply incredible!

    ReplyDelete