Monday, August 16, 2010

Ladybugs and lizard on my cupcake?? ewwwwww!



Do you see what I see??? ladybugs and lizards....is that right? Yes! I made this because it was a request for a 10 yrs old upcoming b-day party.  It's still in the stage of testing out the design of the lizard but the lady bugs are awesome!!!  They look so cute. Of course, the actual order will have the correct colors of the bugs.  I got this idea from Martha Stewart's "Cupcake" book that my friend got for me when I told her I was going to venture into baking.  It was a pretty cool experiment and fun too.  The little crawlers were not so bad to make and I just loved the way the grass turned out.  The cupcake is a yellow buttermilk cupcake with green buttercream frosting.  The creepy crawlers were made out of the MM fondant........all edible! Can't wait to do this for the b-day girl....hope she will like it! 

4 comments:

  1. Those look so awesome!! Thank you so much - my daughter and her lizard loving friends are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jenni those cupcakes look awesome! The grass and the lady bugs look cute =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the insects look great. I just wanted to mention Buzz says "To Infinity and Beyond!"

    ReplyDelete