Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting


This recipe just caught my eyes one day when I was reading joyofbaking.com website.  I thought to myself I just had to make these interesting cupcakes now but I didn't have any riped bananas.  So few weekends went by and I went to grocery shopping where I finally got some riped bananas...and so the baking began. This was easy to make and all with two bowls!! No mixer needed! I just love it when that's all the equipment I need to bake! Because eventho baking is fun, at the end the cleaning and washing is a pain!

For these cupcakes, the outcome was pretty interesting.  One might think it is kinda weird to put mashed up bananas in their batter but it wasn't that bad.  It was like chocolate cupcakes with a hint of banana.....it was not overwhelming I thought it would be.  The texture was moist and not soggy or to the point where every bite you would get a chunk of banana. The frosting was very good, light, fluffy and soft....kinda like meringue. I"m not big on frosting but this was good!!!  Not sure if that is how Ganache frosting is because the previous times I attempted to make it, it was nothing like this!!!  Finally, topped off the Ganache frosting with some shredded bittersweet chocolate bits.....YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment