Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pineapple Cupcake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting


I got this pineapple cupcake recipe from TLC "top 5 healthy treats".  It is considered healthy because you are using crushed pineapples so you don't have to use too much sugar.  When I started making this though, I added some shredded coconut to the batter to make it more tropical.  The outcome was a very moist cake....kinda like the "pineapple upside down" cake texture where the top was shiny glaze-y golden brown color.  Supposedly, there was no frosting recommended just dust the cupcake off with powder sugar.  However, I wanted to see how it would taste like with some frosting.  So I made some coconut cream cheese frosting to top it off.  I didn't try any myself with the frosting on top but my friends did and they said it was a unique taste.  Another commented that there were too many shredded coconut.  Good to know....next time will definitely either lessen the amount of shredded coconut going into the batter or omit the whole thing...=).

No comments:

Post a Comment